A rare occasion where I was able to get something other than a Butternut Squash.
Butternut Squash Soup
1 Butternut Squash, Cubed
1/2 Onion, Chopped
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
500ml Chicken Stock
Salt and Pepper to taste
Optional: 1 Leek, Chopped
2 Bay Leaves
Makes Three Servings.
1. Heat Olive Oil in pot and add Onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add Squash and stir together, then add Salt, Pepper and Chicken Stock and cover.
3. Cook for around 20 minutes or until Squash is tender.
4. Remove Bay Leaves and blend until smooth.
Roast Spaghetti Squash Soup
1. Pre-heat oven to 175c (Fan) and line a tray with tinfoil.
2. Half the Squash and scoop out the fibrous center and seeds and place in a bowl, fill with water and set aside for roasting.
3. Turn the Squash cut side down on the tray and poke with a knife a few times. Then bake in the oven for half an hour or until flesh is soft.
4. Remove from the oven and turn over, then scrape flesh with a fork into a bowl and set aside.
1/2 Half Large Yellow Onion, Chopped
8 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
1 Tbsp, Grated Ginger
2 Tsp Nutmeg
Salt and Pepper to Taste
750ml Hot Water and 1 Chicken Stock Cube
Olive Oil for frying
1. Add Olive Oil to a large pot, about enough to cover the bottom. Then add Onion, Garlic and Ginger. Place on a medium heat and cook until everything is soft, making sure not to let anything burn. Then add Stock, stir, and finally add roasted Squash. Mix everything together and cook until everything is soft. Blitz and serve.