Tweaked from: Here
For the Cookies:
110g Ground Almonds
35g Butter, Softened
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
For the Icing:
50g Icing Sugar
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/4 Tsp Lemon Zest
Makes 8 Cookies. Alternatively use Red Tea Syrup (1/4 Cup Sugar, 1/4 Cup Red Tea) for Icing.
1. Preheat oven to 175c (Fan).
2. Add Ground Almonds and Baking Soda to Bowl and mix.
3. Add the wet ingredients and mix with a fork until a firm dough is formed.
4. Scoop 1 Tbsp of the dough and roll into a ball, place on greaseproof lined tray and press down gently into a thin disk, about 1/2 cm thick.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on tray for a further 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
1. Mix Lemon Juice and Icing Sugar together in a bowl until smooth.
2. Add Zest and mix together (Alternatively: Blitz Lemon Zest and Icing Sugar together and then mix with Lemon Juice). Then spread on top of the cooled Cookies and let set for a few hours.