2017 Update: Due to a problem with Photobucket, see here, there will be a lot of recipes without photos. I will be slowly redoing the recipe pages, as best I can, but many other posts will be impossible to replace. I’m doing this in my own time, while continuing to update the blog with new recipes and posts. If you’d like to donate, any amount appreciated, you can do so here. The site will always be free, the recipes will never be locked behind a paywall, but this is a lot of additional work. I’m not demanding or begging, just putting it there so if you feel like repaying my hard work you have that option. I don’t make any money from the site, all that I do here is to help others, I couldn’t charge for that.
200g Ground Flaxseed/Golden Flaxseed (Cold milled okay too)
125g Butter, Melted
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
Optional: Add 50g Shelled Hemp Seeds
1/5 of the recipe in a small spring-form pan makes a travel sandwich.
1. Preheat the oven to 200c (No Fan)
2. Grease and line the bottom of the baking tin.
3. Put Eggs in bowl and whisk until frothy.
4. Add Butter and whisk to combine.
5. Add Ground Flaxseed, Water and then Baking Powder, whisk until smooth. Batter will be runny.
6. Add to baking tin and brush top with cold water.
7. Pour into baking tin and bake in the oven for oven for 40 minutes (Turning if necessary at 20 minutes) or until firm and a knife comes out clean. Cool in tin for half an hour and then remove and cool completely on wirerack.