2017 Update: Due to a problem with Photobucket, see here, there will be a lot of recipes without photos. I will be slowly redoing the recipe pages, as best I can, but many other posts will be impossible to replace. I’m doing this in my own time, while continuing to update the blog with new recipes and posts. If you’d like to donate, any amount appreciated, you can do so here. The site will always be free, the recipes will never be locked behind a paywall, but this is a lot of additional work. I’m not demanding or begging, just putting it there so if you feel like repaying my hard work you have that option. I don’t make any money from the site, all that I do here is to help others, I couldn’t charge for that.
It’s tricky to get right, but keep at it.
120ml Double Cream
1. First, before you begin, make sure you have everything ready to go and left beside the pan.
2. Heat Sugar and 1/4 cup of Water on moderately high heat in a pot. As the Sugar begins to melt, stir vigorously with a whisk. As soon as the Sugar comes to a boil, stop stirring. You can swirl the pan a bit if you want.
3. As soon as all of the Sugar crystals have melted (the liquid Sugar should be dark amber in colour), remove from heat and immediately add the Butter to the pan. Whisk until the Butter has melted.
4. Once the Butter has melted, slowly add the Cream to the pan while whisking, until smooth.
5. Let cool in the pan for a couple minutes, then pour into a glass jar and let sit to cool to room temperature.
Pingback: Sticky Gingerbread Microwave Cake |
Pingback: Miccrowave Caramel Sauce |
Pingback: Sesame Seed Brittle |
Pingback: Flowers, Like Stars, Cake Like….Beef?! | Pep's Free From Kitchen