200g Buckwheat Flour
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large Egg
1/3 Tbsp Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
Makes one small loaf.
Can be frozen.
Can be doubled.
1. Preheat oven to 175c (No Fan).
2. Grease (With Butter or Olive Oil) and line a 4 1/2 inch spring-form pan or a 6×3 inch loaf pan.
3. In a large bowl mix together the Egg, Olive Oil and Salt. Add the Buckwheat Flour and Baking Soda and stir until combined, then gradually add the Water and stir until a thick Batter has been formed. Add more Water if too thick.
4. Pour batter into prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes, turning halfway if needed, until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
5. Cool in tin for 20 minutes, then remove and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Amaranth: Add 50g Amaranth Flakes alongside Flour and use 250ml Water. Best baked in a a 6×3 inch loaf pan.
Buckwheat and Flax: Use 30g Flax, 170g Buckwheat Flour and 200ml Water. Everything else is the same.
Carob and Hemp: Add 20g Carob Powder and 50g Hempseed alongside Flour.
Tahini: Add 100g Dark/Light Tahini at the end. Add more Water if needed.
Flax Egg: Replace Egg with 1 Large Flax Egg (2 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal, 6 Tbsp Water in the fridge for 15 minutes)
Buckwheat and Chia: Use 30g Ground Chia, 170g Buckwheat Flour and 200ml Water. Everything else is the same.