2017 Update: Due to a problem with Photobucket, see here, there will be a lot of recipes without photos. I will be slowly redoing the recipe pages, as best I can, but many other posts will be impossible to replace. I’m doing this in my own time, while continuing to update the blog with new recipes and posts. If you’d like to donate, any amount appreciated, you can do so here. The site will always be free, the recipes will never be locked behind a paywall, but this is a lot of additional work. I’m not demanding or begging, just putting it there so if you feel like repaying my hard work you have that option. I don’t make any money from the site, all that I do here is to help others, I couldn’t charge for that.
2 Chicken Breasts, Whole
1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 Tsp Ground Coriander
1/2 Tsp Ground Turmeric
Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/8 Yellow Onion, Chopped Fine
1 Garlic Clove
1/2 Tbsp Fresh Ginger, Grated
160ml Coconut Milk
1. In a bowl mix together Spices.
2. Toss Chicken in 1 Tsp of the Spice mix until completely covered and set aside.
3. Blitz together Onion, Garlic and Ginger and set aside.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp Olive Oil in a skillet on a medium heat. Add Chicken and cook until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove Chicken and wrap in tinfoil to let it rest.
5. Heat another Tbsp of Olive Oil and Add Onion, Garlic and Ginger. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Keep stirred to prevent burning. Add remain Spices at end and mix together.
6. Add Coconut Milk and let warm up (Don’t boil!). Stir up all Spice and Juices and stir continually. It should take 10 minutes to thicken and reduce. Once steaming, chop Chicken and add to reduction and cook for a few more minutes. When Coconut Milk has reduced and thickened enough serve over rice.